Job Description of Worship Leader
The Worship Leader will work closely with our Senior Pastor and Co-Pastor in developing a celebration service. This person will recruit, lead and minister with a worship team that will help guide our congregation to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ. Fostering dynamic congregational worship (singing the best of the old and the best of the new) is a key priority for our church, and we are seeking an individual who is called and gifted by God in the following areas:
- Planning our new weekly Sunday 9:30am less traditional worship service. Choosing congregational hymns and songs and special music that engages the congregation and support the reading and preaching of God’s Word.
- Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in an invitational style – that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
- Recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility.
- Recruit, audition, teach, and train paid musicians outside the church to serve the congregation with the worship team with musical skill and humility. Negotiate fees payable to guest performers within Church policy guidelines and process payment requisitions.
- Leading weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (A) preparation for Sunday and (B) cultivation of Christ-centered community.
- Building on our traditions and having a vision for where God might be calling our congregation and our musicians to grow in new expressions of worship.
- Serving as a member of the ministry team and demonstrating a commitment to this congregation and its mission.
- Oversee purchase and maintenance of Church owned musical instruments for this new service
- Maintain an organized music library
- Prepare and submit an annual budget to the Music Chairperson for approval by the Board of Trustees and monitor budgeted expenditures
- Furnish monthly activity report to Board of Trustees and attend Board meetings
This individual is expected to: (A) be gifted in leading congregational worship; (B) possess leadership and organizational skills; and (C) be a team player.
- Understand and have a working knowledge of the church’s AV systems
- Provide newsletter articles / promotional announcements to keep the congregation informed of special programs
- Participate in community service activities as requested by the Board
- Organize and promote special music events as needed
The Worship Leader will work and consult with the Senior Pastor and Co-Pastor in developing the weekly less traditional service at The Church at Horseshoe Bay. The Worship Leader is accountable to the Board of Trustees for the effective performance of his/her duties and responsibilities. The Worship Leader is a half-time, salaried position.
Examples of our Celebration Music Series (3 and 4) that we desire to model this service from can be found at https://church-hsb.org/newsite/?page_id=165.
Starting $25k+ depending on experience.If you are interested in applying for this position, please download and complete the application below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org